Valuable Learning’s from Swami Vivekananda
I know Swami Vivekananda, from my childhood days, how? Because, at my home, my father having the statue of Swamiji. I don’t know about the statue in early days, but when I am growing younger in my life, I read a lot of books about Swamiji. The ultimate one is autobiography of Swami Vivekananda by Satyendranath Majumdar.
Then onwards I read lot of books related to Swamiji.
About Swami Vivekananda:
Narendra Nath Dutta was born on 12 January 1863 in Kolkata, India. Famously known as Swami Vivekananda, He was Indian Hindu monk. His father was lawyer. He completed his graduation from Kolkata University. He had practice mediation from his boyhood days.
He was confused about the existence of god. He came to know about Shri Ramkrishna Paramhans. And one day he meets Shri Ramkrishna at kali temple.
Narendra asked sir, have you seen god?
Ramkrishna replied, yes I have seen him clearly.
Then onwards Narendra starts studying under Shri Ramkrishna, writes so many books, attain international seminars. The famous on is “Chicago speech of Swami Vivekananda”
Personally I learn a lot of things from Swamiji.
His definition of success touches my heart. I read it when I am frustrated about my achievement.
“Your success is not measured in terms of what all you obtained but in terms of what you become, how you live and what actions you do. Upon this point reflect well and attain great happiness”.
1) Purity, patience, and perseverance are the three essentials to success and above all love.
You must have patience to become successful, when you are facing tough situation in life, your patience plays a very great role. Purity is the backbone of your character; you will accomplish more in life, if you have purity in your character. Perseverance helps you to achieve your goals and dreams. You must have
- Purity in your character
- Patience in your mind
- Perseverance in your action
- Love in your relation
If you want to achieve your goals, and become successful in life, then you must follow your life by above quote.
2) According to Karma Yoga, the action one has done cannot be destroyed, until it has borne its fruit; no power in nature can stop it from yielding its results.
People become successful because they are action oriented; they do their work passionately. Once you take action, you get results; the results might be positive or negative. As per the law of action, you will get results no one can stop the results.
So take action, if you take positive action you will get positive results, in case you get negative results, doesn’t worry learn from the negative results, and change your action accordingly.
3) To succeed, you must have tremendous perseverance, tremendous will. “I will drink the ocean”, says the persevering soul; “at my will mountains will crumble up.” Have that sort of energy, that sort of will; work hard, and you will reach the goal.
First understand perseverance means, not giving up at any condition, it is persistence; it’s your will power to accomplish anything impossible.
Swamiji, had tremendous faith in hard work, if you take action, without giving up and do your hard work continuously you will definitely achieve your goal.
4) Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life; think of it; dream of it; live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, and every part of your body be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success…
It’s your passion to follow, make that passion your life, dream every day about your passion. Don’t think about any other idea in your life, focus about your passion; passion comes from your burning desire, so follow your burning desire, your passion is your life.
Live passionate life, you will get success.
5) We are what our thoughts have made us, so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far
What you are today? What will you become tomorrow? Everything depends upon your thinking. So be careful about your thoughts. Read good books, create your friend who are having good thinking, don’t be with negative thinking people.
Take care of your thinking.
6) You have to grow from the inside out. None can teach you, none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but your own soul.
If you think to change your beliefs, your self concepts you will change your life, what you talk to yourself, creates your-self beliefs. So as per swamiji, you have to change internally. Listen to your internal voice; don’t take decision on other advice.
7) The world is the great gymnasium where we come to make ourselves strong.
You will get life changing lessons in your life. If you fail, learn and fight back again, one day you will definitely win. Learn from your own action. Learning makes you strong every time.
8) See for the highest, aim at that highest, and you shall reach the highest.
If you aim high you will achieve high, if you aim low, you will achieve low. So capitalize on your strength, play with your strength, and don’t play with your weakness.
People achieve great success, because they aim great.
9) The history of the world is the history of a few men who had faith in themselves.
Believe in yourself, have faith in yourself. People achieve great in life because they believe in their thoughts, in their actions. So you must believe in yourself.
10) Be a hero. Always say, I have no fear. Tell this to everyone; Have no fear; Fear is death, fear is sin, fear is hell, fear is unrighteousness, fear is wrong life. All the negative thoughts and ideas that are in the world have proceeded from this evil spirit of fear. Face the brute, which is a lesson for all life; face the terrible, face it boldly. The hardships of life fall back when we cease to flee before them.
In short fear is death. If you have any kind of fear you can’t do anything. Fear converts into inaction, you stop all your action, and action leads to results, so your one fear leads to failure.
Fear means failure. If you have any fear, find it out, work on it and convert your fear in to strength.
11) Don’t look back; forward, infinite energy, infinite enthusiasm, infinite daring, and infinite patience; then alone can great deeds be accomplished.
Life is going extra mile, life is positive, life is doing great to others. Life is compassion. Life is doing helpful to needy. Life is everything if you know yourself better, than others.
12) “If the mind is intensely eager, everything can be accomplished—mountains can be crumbled into atoms.”
If your thoughts are clear on particular topic, you make decision fast, you take action fast, and you will achieve success fast. So work on your thoughts. Read one good books every six months.
13) “When you are doing any work, do not think of anything beyond. Do it as worship, as the highest worship, and devote your whole life to it for the time being.”
Doing your work is your duty. Don’t think anything when you are doing and working on your plan, no matter what other is important. Be focus on your doing.
14) “All the great accomplishments are hard. Nothing worthwhile comes easy but do not lower your ideal because it is difficult to attain. Hold the banner of freedom aloft. Strength… Strength…Strength… Say that to yourself day and night, you are strong, pure and free. No weakness in you, no sin, no misery.”
Remember success is not easy, it’s hard, if you are ready to fight to achieve hard. Nothing comes free in life; you have to pay the price, price in terms of hard work, passion, dreams, compassion, decision, emotion, etc…
You must have strength, talk to yourself about your strength, don’t tell weakness.
Do hard work in life.
15) “He who struggles is better than he who never attempts…. Stand up for God; let the world go. Have no compromise.”
It’s better to take action and fight for your goal, than just seat and wait for things to happen. Life is struggle, so don’t be afraid of having struggle in life. Attempts everything in life, nothing is wrong, if you have a goal which helps others.
Fight for injustice, fight for wrong things.
16) “Never mind failures; they are quite natural, they are the beauty of life, these failures. What would life be without them? It would not be worth having if it were not for struggles. Where would be the poetry of life? Never mind the struggles, the mistakes.”
Who fails, those who take action, so don’t worry failure is natural; learn from every failure in life. Make necessary changes from your action to achieve great success in life.
Remember if you fail, learn and only learn.
17) The whole life is a succession of dreams. My ambition is to be a conscious dreamer that is all.
The life is achieving your dreams, life is living for others. Dream every time in life, dreams are the origin of every success.
18) Arise, awake and stop not till the goal is reached.
Don’t stop; don’t give up until you achieve your goal.
To Your Success,
Harish S. Kawalkar
PS: Don’t miss, reading success letter, be ready to learn new things and become more successful in life. Sign up! For “The Success Letter” http://eepurl.com/E2poT (It’s Free)
Copyright © 2014 All rights reserved